Where there is already a big hype on Navi, which we are going to touch upon here, there are very interesting two entries in this war ground on new-age offering which can blow you away. We will briefly evaluate three entries now.
3RD: Navi - Health or Finance?
When Sachin Bansal left Flipkart, he was interested in health care which was that time seeing the start of new-age ideas coming up like Cultfit. At this point, at almost a semi-mature state, it looks like Bansal's Bull's eye is not in healthcare, but the entire retail finance sector. This means Navi is not a dedicated health partner. It has health insurance, along with a Personal loan, Home loan, Mutual fund, and probably more to come. The health part is app-based only and nothing differentiates Navi from a good traditional health insurance player like HDFC ERGO, ICICI, MAX, or TATA AIG, etc. The only probably selling point is the facility to pay a monthly premium, which very soon other all player is going to come up.
- A product coming from a trusted brain.
- Premium on EMI.
- Clear interface on the app.
- 10,000 + Cashless Hospital is a good sign.
Not so Pro:
- Nothing special that traditional players are not offering.
- Only app-based, missing website is big miss according to us.
- Restore benefit term not clearly mentioned. ( How many time in a year restore is possible).
- 20 min Claim approval is a myth, at least in India!.. we have still not stable network at least.
To check: Go to Navi.
2nd: Vital - A mixed bag
The most innovative offering out of the three entries. They tried to make a very smart package of everything you can think of health in a single platform. Very well thought and curated the best players from each section. From Hospitalisation insurance cover to Pharmacy for medicine to Fitness to Nutrition to Mental Health to Disease Management to .....the list goes on to keep adding. You will get almost everything you can think of when you start thinking about health. And all at a very competitive rate.
Apollo is also trying to do a similar thing with their Apollo 24/7 program but still way to go.
- Brilliant packaging of most important services around Health care. Custom built to your health parameters.
- Health insurance from a very reputed player ( Care Insurance).
- Much lower rate for similar package than Navi. With added packs.
- Cover Non-Consumables in Hospitalisation.
- 25% Pharmacy discount from day 1 ( at the time of this article).
Not so Pro:
- Health insurance terms are not clearly given in detail. CARE.com can give some ideas.
- The interface needs more information on which package holds what.
To check: Go to Vital.
1st: Even - A completely new way to visit Hospital
The concept of Even will make you surprised for a minute. They don't cover many, their list is small/precise, but what they cover, you don't need to worry about. Health insurance of 50L fixed for everybody with coverage from Day 1, no more filling for insurance, no pre-approval, just show your Even Card and done!!.. Did you know that they cover unlimited OPD and unlimited diagnostic at a partner hospital? And partners? Well, Fortis, Astar, Narayana, and more to come. Only think of OPD that will give full value of your monthly subscription of Even, Health Insurance for Hospitalisation is practically free.
- Two smart plans. If you already have insurance you can go for lite plan.
- Unlimited OPD/ Unlimited diagnostic.
- Partner with the best hospitals. No compromise.
- ZERO day waiting period.
- No insurance paperwork/ application at all.
Not so Pro:
- Slow launching. you need to be on the waitlist.
- Need to cover Tire B, C cities, and hospitals.
- No Family floater, individual plan.
To check: Go to Even.